Thursday 29 October 2009

Fibre glass punchinello mask










The Process...

To achieve the bronze coat I added brass metal powder to the gel coat before applying a thick layer to my waste mould. And when I say thick...I mean THICK, took longer than expected to dry...note to self, follow your notes directly, if it says 2mm - it doesn't mean 2 cm! After my 'thick' layer of gel coat had dried, I was able to apply the fibres to my mask using coloured lay up resin...




Once dry, it was a matter of hacking, sawing and filing, which was a fun but messy work out I must say.
To remove the excess plaster off, i was told to give it a good soak...so with my 90p bowl from wilkos, my bathroom turned into a prop production room!


Finishing off required some scrubbing and buffing.






No comments:

Post a Comment